2022-01-08

Note taking, journaling, second brain ... which application?

 I am always searching for a note taking app that would allow me to organize my notes.

It is always easy to take notes, to add tags and add more stuff.

The issue is to have a return on investment. What do we gain from typing all these notes and trying to tag them?  If it is a big mess after a year, it is better to take notes on paper (for instant gratification) and leave it to Google to find th info on Internet a few years later.  You can then take new notes on paper ...

I have been using Workflowy for years. It was very quick, simple and reliable. And Free to use.

Then I switched to Roam last year. There was so much hope (and hype?).  Today other similar applications (Workflowy typically) feature the same backlinks. And Workflowy is faster. 

Today I might leave Roam. What I am lacking is still

  • a User Experience that would facilitate organization, structuration. 
  • a way to publish some of the hierarchy to a blog or Static Site

I am looking to Foam and Dendron and LogSeq.  But adding content to them is not as seamless as with Workflowy or Roam.


No comments:

2023 summary

  Life is bigger than what you can imagine.  Still using Roam  http://www.roamresearch.com/  to take notes Still using Mastodon mainly, but ...