- A repository of IoT hacks history: https://github.com/nebgnahz/awesome-iot-hacks
- InterPlanetary File System (IPFS) is the Distributed Web https://ipfs.io/ "A peer-to-peer hypermedia protocol to make the web faster, safer, and more open."
- FabLab centrifuge http://www.nature.com/news/spinning-toy-reinvented-as-low-tech-centrifuge-1.21273?WT.mc_id=TWT_NatureNews Nice concept !!
- Simple and efficient! Paste command line from the Web http://lifepluslinux.blogspot.fr/2017/01/look-before-you-paste-from-website-to.html There should be protection from the OS for this!!!
- AI: Learning Securely http://cacm.acm.org/magazines/2016/11/209133-learning-securely/fulltext Interesting time!
- Brute-Force Now Elude Volumetric Detection. Uses many IP with botnets, uses login/pwd combinations, ... Good to know http://www.darkreading.com/endpoint/brute-force-botnet-attacks-now-elude-volumetric-detection/a/d-id/1327742
- Google is very active in security!!!
- TLS linked to Cookies https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!msg/blink-dev/C-iuVJeDGkk/IfIam8_rFgAJ We can always improve
- OptIn Cert transparency https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!topic/blink-dev/tgn5R-58iek
- Google Infrastructure Security Design Overview https://cloud.google.com/security/security-design/
- Google Hypervisors security https://cloudplatform.googleblog.com/2017/01/7-ways-we-harden-our-KVM-hypervisor-at-Google-Cloud-security-in-plaintext.html
- More is less
- The Security Impact of HTTPS Interception "proxy" (2017) https://jhalderm.com/pub/papers/interception-ndss17.pdf (Your browser is your most secure piece of software, do not let anti-viruses or other gateway/proxy crap handle your communications)
- Resilience Engineering: Learning to Embrace Failure (Tom Limoncelli, others ; 2012) Chaos Monkey, GameDays ... http://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=2371297
- At 6, girls think they are less intelligents than boys http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/societe/20170127.OBS4443/des-6-ans-les-filles-se-croient-moins-intelligentes-que-les-garcons.html
- Because you always have to write, you can invest in writing skills https://www.getdonedone.com/why-i-invest-a-lot-of-time-in-writing/ (Ka Wai Cheung)
- On the Legal aspect: http://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/knowledge/publications/144559/can-smart-contracts-be-legally-binding-contracts as always, they advice hiring a layer and work on your use case. Build your own experience, do not wait for others to sell you their experiences.
- P2P energy sharing start-up brings Brooklyn Microgrid smarts to Australia (Sophie Vorrath on November 4, 2016) https://onestepoffthegrid.com.au/p2p-energy-sharing-start-brings-brooklyn-microgrid-smarts-australia/
- "most valuable experience has come from working with regulators to overcome significant challenges to enable the Brooklyn Microgrid to function financially."
- “The Brooklyn Microgrid was only made possible because of progressive changes in policy and the engagement of the progressive utility companies,” Kinkead said in a statement on Monday.
- Ben Potter (http://www.afr.com/ben-potter-j7gdk from the Australian Financial Review) wrote at least 3 articles about Blockchain (Note: they can be read with http://ejucovy.github.io/readability/)
- Blockchain power trading for low-cost apartments (Nov 29, 2016) http://www.afr.com/news/blockchain-power-trading-for-lowcost-apartments-20161128-gsz3db
- 'First' Aussie blockchain uses much less energy (Aug 16, 2016) http://www.afr.com/technology/perth-firm-claims-to-have-created-first-australian-blockchain-20160815-gqssup
- EcoChain uses the latest "proof of stake" blockchain mining protocol, under which whoever owns the "coin" or transaction gets "the right to mine subsequent blocks in the blockchain" – or in other words, to verify the transaction and add it to the blockchain.
- Blockchain power trading platform to rival batteries (Aug 14, 2106) http://www.afr.com/news/blockchain-power-trading-platform-to-rival-batteries-20160812-gqr6if